When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is it that...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cyclebuster

Finally riding a big boys bike
My 46 Excelsior has apparently a different length upper stay. I got a real nice set of original paint balloon fenders, and the top stay mount hole is over an inch away, leaving the tube dimples out in mid air??? And the chainguard cut away is too low for the prewar wing i installed, due to the rear guard tab no longer existing.

Obviously this does not take standard fenders. The front is fine.

Am i correct that the DX and B6 rear stays are different heigths? I wil measure tomorrow, I have 2 46s side by side.

My 46 Excelsior has apparently a different length upper stay. I got a real nice set of original paint balloon fenders, and the top stay mount hole is over an inch away, leaving the tube dimples out in mid air??? And the chainguard cut away is too low for the prewar wing i installed, due to the rear guard tab no longer existing.

Obviously this does not take standard fenders. The front is fine.

Am i correct that the DX and B6 rear stays are different heigths? I wil measure tomorrow, I have 2 46s side by side.

The '46's take a special rear fender that's hard to come by.
A product of changing from pre-war to post war production and
rear dropouts to front facing dropouts.

great. I have 4 1946s and only one has a useable rear fender, and its not real nice. And another one has a dozen holes for skirt string {ladies bike} Anyone have any lines on some rear fenders?

Only one usable fender but you have 4 tapered kickstands!!
Prewar 26" bike frames came in 3 sizes. I don't think the post war did but you might check just in case. Standard is 18" measured from center of BB to top of seat tube. If your frame measures 16" or 20", standard fenders won't fit. (rear only) Gary

Back