When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is this being ignored?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
71A7D72F-6523-4B1B-B5A7-B5C97DB03184.jpeg
9B7DBC78-A8C1-42E0-A31A-4A0A8482B001.jpeg
87B7EC55-5356-47B1-8C50-7890B6DF0F89.jpeg
DF00CB98-D1EC-4AE5-BF64-56E0E878B35B.jpeg
EFB2772A-6AEE-4E21-A206-5D66C9BEAB46.jpeg
5F1D6A0A-4715-4EA0-8DB9-F1C5266E43E3.jpeg
I can’t stand looking at this p.o.s anymore and saying it’s a Merkel. Why is this being ignored! There are some major problems with this bike.. nothing resembles a 17 merkel.. except the decal and the motor and it’s got its problems. I mean Come on ...someone payed 48k for this and not one comment from the “experts” ..why? I thought this site was to be informative, was the countless hour of info a waste of time or am I wrong?

View attachment 755514 View attachment 755515 View attachment 755516 View attachment 755517 View attachment 755518 View attachment 755519 I can’t stand looking at this p.o.s anymore and saying it’s a Merkel. Why is this being ignored! There are some major problems with this bike.. nothing resembles a 17 merkel.. except the decal and the motor and it’s got its problems. I mean Come on ...someone payed 48k for this and not one comment from the “experts” ..why? I thought this site was to be informative, was the countless hour of info a waste of time or am I wrong?

Perhaps the "experts" have better things to do.
Btw:
Is the frame made of wood?
I like the front fender,Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I can’t stand looking at this p.o.s anymore and saying it’s a Merkel. Why is this being ignored! There are some major problems with this bike.. nothing resembles a 17 merkel.. except the decal and the motor and it’s got its problems. I mean Come on ...someone payed 48k for this and not one comment from the “experts” ..why? I thought this site was to be informative, was the countless hour of info a waste of time or am I wrong?

Some random thoughts and considerations re-
garding the machine .........

Would have said something, but didn't know
where to start.

Did not know someone paid 48K for the machine.

Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph ... that's a lotta cheeze ...
CORRECTION - (redline1968 just a moment ago indicated
the selling price to be 39,600)

However .. what a person chooses to spend their
money on .. is really their personal choice, no matter
how insane it may seem to the rest of us Earth-dwellers.

Trying very hard to be objective ....

I do like the handlebar and stem. And the saddle.

1918 Foto

1918 merkel motor wheel.jpg

1922 Catalog The following documentation was presented by CABE member, Gary Mc in 2013,
indian with merkel motor wheel.jpg

1922 indian merkel motor wheel.jpg

Last edited:
I was watching mecham auctions on motorcycles.. I nearly died. It was at 48k final bid.. :0. I see the motor is merkel but not any more... but it was decaled as one and claimed as one.

WHO Cares,,,,It's the BUYER's Responsibility to Do Some Research First!!!!
IT's Still a Great Looking Machine!!!
Everyone Has Skeletons in Their Closets; and , Play Them Out as I'M NOT Sure!!!!!:mad:

clear[1].png

Back