When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why Not Disclose What You Paid?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
As far as removed prices it's kinda nice to know if I missed a killer deal ( as if I don't already spend too much time on the cabe ) or if it was more than I would have paid and I may have stuff I've been holding on to ( to use some day ) but at that price I'll let it go.

price paid is no big deal.If I want or need it I will pay up. I've been taken a few times.That was my fault for not knowing more about what I bought. You only go around once.Grab the toys you like.I always made sure the bills were paid first.

My 2 cents even though this looks like its been covered pretty well already:

Telling the price someone paid is subjective and will only cause tons of market confusion for the reasons below:

Example 1:
Most guys put something up for 50-100 or more than what they're actually willing to take for a bike/part they wanna sell because as we all know "you can always go down but you cant go up" in negotiations. Well, say you have a guy who has no shortage of "folding money" and see's your slightly inflated price and says "I want that, I will pay that because I need it". Now, the next guy who owns the same thing will think what yours sold at is rock bottom market pricing so, (just like you did) he will post it for 50-100 more than what he is willing to take (your original inflated sold pricing). This goes on for long enough and it works its way into a super inflated price and people start to think that this common item is priceless. The guy who originally bought the inflated price item wasnt that search-savy and had no idea the item he paid top top dollar for was a common item and if he would have waited longer he could have gotten it cheaper.

Example 2:
The bikes I buy I prefer to be rusty and crusty and I pay up for them to make sure i can save em the way they are. Well other guys see my bikes and think "ugh thats the worst version of that bike and I wouldnt pay much for it at all because it needs so much work. To me, it only needs grease and a butt in the seat so what I paid, is subjective to my personal taste. I have paid 600 for bikes other guys wouldnt pay 200 for because I prefer them the exact way the other guy would hate to have it.
Not always true.......You can negotiate up in price, that's what $$ OBO is for. I have put bikes worth $400 on CL at $150 OBO and they usually sell well over $500. This is especially true in real estate right now. Guy one block away had four offers way over his listing price on day one and accepted the one with the best terms.

Not always true.......You can negotiate up in price, that's what $$ OBO is for. I have put bikes worth $400 on CL at $150 OBO and they usually sell well over $500. This is especially true in real estate right now. Guy one block away had four offers way over his listing price on day one and accepted the one with the best terms.
Yeah but I live in Houston....the cheap-skate capitol of the world. haha If you put anything up for $150 obo you're gonna get a trade offer for a busted microwave or $50 bucks and you drive it to them.

More like, civilization thrust it upon itself out of inherent greed. Blame it on the snake, Adam, or Eve, your choice. I blame the snake.
It never pays to let the little head do the thinking. At least not all of it.

It's really no one's business but mine what I pay for a bike. Many of my survivors have come from original owners that really don't know the bike world.

Back