Wieboldt badged Admiral?

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

barnyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
Hello, I'm searching for pictures of a Schwinn Admiral with the Admiral Wieboldt badge just like the one pictured below. Thank you for any help. Barry

barneyguey53@gmail.com

Home 1-208-687-5319 Cell 1-509-230-0613

Reactions: John G04

WES PINCHOT

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 16, 2006
CHICAGO AREA
I LOST MY FIRST SCHWINN B6 OUTSIDE THE WOOLWORTHS STORE
ACROSS THE STREET FROM WIEBOLDTS! MY BIKE WAS SANS CYCLE LOCK
AND I WENT INTO THE STORE FOR SOME MINOR PURCHASE AND WHEN
I CAME OUT THE BIKE WAS MISSING (STOLEN). I HAD MY CHAIN AND LOCK
WRAPPED AROUND THE SEAT POST BUT NOT LOCKED TO A STREET POST.

IT WAS A HARD LESSON TO BE LEARNED. MY NEXT SCHWINN HAD A CYCLE
LOCK TO BE SURE, BUT I ALSO USED MY CHAIN AND LOCK TO TO SECURE IT.

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 4, 2014
Planet Mongo
I remember Wiebolt's well. We lived on the outside edge of Cook County, west of Chicago. There were no high-end stores that far west. A couple times a year, we'd make a trip to Wiebolts. They had an escalator. Schwinn made bikes for Wiebolts. For the life of me I can't remember the name of their bikes. It might have been the "Firebolt" or something like that. That was a long time ago. I stole my first bike from there. It was a fairly new Black phantom. It was chained to a street post that didn't have a sign on it. Dad helped me lift it up, chain and all, over the post. We tossed it into the back of Dad's 38 Olds sedan and away we went. . . ;) Dad did have a 38 Olds though. . .

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 18, 2009
Chicago area west
In 1965 I got a Schwinn Typhoon from Wiebolts… it was a department store that offered S&H green stamps. They even had a candy department. Sweet! Meadowdale shopping center, Carpentersville, Illinois.

Cooper S.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Aug 28, 2016
New Lenox Illinois
I remember Wiebolt's well. We lived on the outside edge of Cook County, west of Chicago. There were no high-end stores that far west. A couple times a year, we'd make a trip to Wiebolts. They had an escalator. Schwinn made bikes for Wiebolts. For the life of me I can't remember the name of their bikes. It might have been the "Firebolt" or something like that. That was a long time ago. I stole my first bike from there. It was a fairly new Black phantom. It was chained to a street post that didn't have a sign on it. Dad helped me lift it up, chain and all, over the post. We tossed it into the back of Dad's 38 Olds sedan and away we went. . . ;) Dad did have a 38 Olds though. . .
Remind me to not leave my phantom unattended at the next show...

Reactions: nick tures

barnyguey

Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
I know they sold Schwinn bicycles with the Admiral badge. They may have another badge named maybe Firebolt? That's a lead. Thank you. Barry

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

barnyguey

Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
I found a Firebolt bicycle, but it said the bicycle was Columbia built. Maybe they sold more than just Schwinn bicycles? What do you think?

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 4, 2014
Planet Mongo
Sorry, barnyguey, not sure about the name. I will try to find out, as Wiebolts was a Chicago company. I recall Columbia's Firebolt also. I think I had one too. I may be wrong, but I think Wiebolts [Pronounced "We bolts"] only carried Schwinn bikes.

Reactions: barnyguey

barnyguey

Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
Sorry, barnyguey, not sure about the name. I will try to find out, as Wiebolts was a Chicago company. I recall Columbia's Firebolt also. I think I had one too. I may be wrong, but I think Wiebolts [Pronounced "We bolts"] only carried Schwinn bikes.
Thanks for the information. I was wondering how they pronounced the name. Barry

This ad goes away when you register for an account!