When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wieboldt badged Admiral?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello, I'm searching for pictures of a Schwinn Admiral with the Admiral Wieboldt badge just like the one pictured below. Thank you for any help. Barry

[email protected]

Home 1-208-687-5319 Cell 1-509-230-0613

I LOST MY FIRST SCHWINN B6 OUTSIDE THE WOOLWORTHS STORE
ACROSS THE STREET FROM WIEBOLDTS! MY BIKE WAS SANS CYCLE LOCK
AND I WENT INTO THE STORE FOR SOME MINOR PURCHASE AND WHEN
I CAME OUT THE BIKE WAS MISSING (STOLEN). I HAD MY CHAIN AND LOCK
WRAPPED AROUND THE SEAT POST BUT NOT LOCKED TO A STREET POST.

IT WAS A HARD LESSON TO BE LEARNED. MY NEXT SCHWINN HAD A CYCLE
LOCK TO BE SURE, BUT I ALSO USED MY CHAIN AND LOCK TO TO SECURE IT.

I remember Wiebolt's well. We lived on the outside edge of Cook County, west of Chicago. There were no high-end stores that far west. A couple times a year, we'd make a trip to Wiebolts. They had an escalator. Schwinn made bikes for Wiebolts. For the life of me I can't remember the name of their bikes. It might have been the "Firebolt" or something like that. That was a long time ago. I stole my first bike from there. It was a fairly new Black phantom. It was chained to a street post that didn't have a sign on it. Dad helped me lift it up, chain and all, over the post. We tossed it into the back of Dad's 38 Olds sedan and away we went. . . ;) Dad did have a 38 Olds though. . .

In 1965 I got a Schwinn Typhoon from Wiebolts… it was a department store that offered S&H green stamps. They even had a candy department. Sweet! Meadowdale shopping center, Carpentersville, Illinois.

I remember Wiebolt's well. We lived on the outside edge of Cook County, west of Chicago. There were no high-end stores that far west. A couple times a year, we'd make a trip to Wiebolts. They had an escalator. Schwinn made bikes for Wiebolts. For the life of me I can't remember the name of their bikes. It might have been the "Firebolt" or something like that. That was a long time ago. I stole my first bike from there. It was a fairly new Black phantom. It was chained to a street post that didn't have a sign on it. Dad helped me lift it up, chain and all, over the post. We tossed it into the back of Dad's 38 Olds sedan and away we went. . . ;) Dad did have a 38 Olds though. . .
Remind me to not leave my phantom unattended at the next show...

I know they sold Schwinn bicycles with the Admiral badge. They may have another badge named maybe Firebolt? That's a lead. Thank you. Barry

Back