When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wife’s pixie

-
Usually that collar has a bolt in it. Is that a hex socket set screw I'm seeing?

Usually that collar has a bolt in it. Is that a hex socket set screw I'm seeing?
419D5368-B668-46FD-B165-D0730B4EAB3F.jpeg

Not seeing a set screw

If the handlebars won’t come out after you remove the bolt soak with PB Blaster then pull the bars and twist while doing so. The only thing holding them in is that bolt. You might be better off putting the wheel back on so you can hold it with your legs while you pull and twist.
I haven’t tried too hard because I was afraid that there might another bolt or some kind of fastener. Have it soaking now. Really appreciate your help.

I haven’t tried too hard because I was afraid that there might another bolt or some kind of fastener. Have it soaking now. Really appreciate your help.

Your welcome and good luck. It took me several soaks on my stingray pixie to get the bars out but the bike was very rusty when found so your bike may not be as tough. If you can’t put the tires back on for some reason when you go to remove the bars let me know and I can give you another way to do it with no tires but it requires two people.

Your welcome and good luck. It took me several soaks on my stingray pixie to get the bars out but the bike was very rusty when found so your bike may not be as tough. If you can’t put the tires back on for some reason when you go to remove the bars let me know and I can give you another way to do it with no tires but it requires two people.
Bars are off and no bearings in the head tube. Does that sound right?

Bars are off and no bearings in the head tube. Does that sound right?

I would think there should be bearings where you normally would find them. I never opened up the head tube all the way on the Pixie I did. Those parts were so stuck on I couldn’t get them off (fork, head set/tube etc.). I was able to shoot grease into that area to help smooth it out and those parts functioned fine so I didn’t want to push trying to force them off anymore. Why break open something that works is what I finally decided on.

No bearings in there.
Just a plastic spacer on some.
I either put a plastic spacer on the bottom (plumbing supplies store) or an additional washer with grease.
This was a poor design when new.

Back