When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wife found herself a new ride...

-

Karlm

On Training Wheels
My wife was visiting her parents a few weeks ago and found this 1960 starlet at a yard sale. I tossed some repop parts on it and found a good seat. I had to steal some S7 wheels off of another bike. Still need to finish up cleaning off some bad touch up paint. Luckily it’s wiping right off with a little goof off. Also need to get the stem unstuck. She likes the rusted out look and the blue matches our 1964 camper.
b180f1e1c71f6173463ed45b3a3af48e.jpg

Turn it upside down,take off the wheel. Try removing the fender screw,soak it with Kroil Oil for a day or so,if need be. Get it out, take the Kroil Oil and load up the fork tube through the screw hole. Give it a couple of days and that stem will loosen up. This loosens up the lock nut and bearing retainer as well. You might break or mangle the fender screw getting it out with vise grips. No big deal,Its a 1/4-20 available @ any hardware store.

Last edited:
Back