When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will 26" S-7 rims fit with 24" forks?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

timo24

On Training Wheels
I have a 1960 Tornado and looking for forks to fit. Will 26 x 1.75 tires and rims fit with the smaller forks?

Is there anyway to make it work? I love the size of the frame but like the bigger tires, It currently has BMX forks on it, but would like some Schwinn forks

BMX forks on a 60's Schwinn. For goodness sake, replace those forks. Is it a 24" or 26" frame? If a 26" wheel fits in the back then it's supposed to have a 26" fork. I'm speculating that a 26" wheel won't fit comfortably in the back of a 26" frame. If it's a 24" bike, a 26" fork might have to be modified. I doubt the head tubes are the same length.

26" or 24"

Check out my pics in the the forum " identifying 1960 tornado ". Pretty much the only thing Schwinn on it is the rims and frame. This is my first project. I got cranks and pedals just looking for forks to fit so i can repaint.
IMG00100-20120709-1621.jpg
IMG00097-20120709-1548.jpg
IMG00101-20120709-1622(1).jpg

It should fit ... just dont run fenders ...

I use 26 inch rims on other brand bicycles all the time ... if you have fenders ... it might be an issue .. I also have used 24" rims with 24 X 3 inch wide tires which height wise are the same as a 26 inch on a couple Monark 1930's Silverking bicycles - which are 24" bikes to start - with no problems or modifications of any kind to anything on the frame or fork - I have to admit they come real close - but they definitely work as you can see below ... try it out & let us know .. pictured below are a couple hopped up Silverkings I have done .. ride vintage ... Frank

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back