When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

will ladies 26 inch middleweight for work for mens?

-

soulshine73

Finally riding a big boys bike
i am sure this question has been asked many times before, so please for give me.

before i go buy a ladies 26 inch middleweight bike for parts, will the ladies fork fit the mens without any problems

You need to match head tube length. Most ladies are longer. They can be cut down . The threads and keyway will need to be cut as well.
i am sure this question has been asked many times before, so please for give me.

before i go buy a ladies 26 inch middleweight bike for parts, will the ladies fork fit the mens without any problems

I bought girls bike and found out they put a boys fork on it, but the only way they could get it to fit, was to not put in the bottom head tube bearing. Thats how I found out the hard and expensive way. If I remember it was an Elgin.

I've got a few Typhoon frames and a couple of Hollywood frames hanging side by side and the Hollywood appears to have the same head tube and same geometry as the boy's frame the headtube, down tube, bb, and rear stays are all the same angle and length with them all hanging by their rear dropouts. I have a pair of 1970 Typhoon forks in hand and it's steer tube is 6 3/4", and it seems to fit just fine in a Hollywood frame. The only difference is color in most cases.
I do know that the 26" lightweights share forks between men's and ladies models, I've swapped them before.

I've got a few Typhoon frames and a couple of Hollywood frames hanging side by side and the Hollywood appears to have the same head tube and same geometry as the boy's frame the headtube, down tube, bb, and rear stays are all the same angle and length with them all hanging by their rear dropouts. I have a pair of 1970 Typhoon forks in hand and it's steer tube is 6 3/4", and it seems to fit just fine in a Hollywood frame. The only difference is color in most cases.
I do know that the 26" lightweights share forks between men's and ladies models, I've swapped them befor
Wow need to pay attention. Yes the schwinn middle weight ladies share same fork with mens.

Back