When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold will post new threads as i make em Handmade leather straps for your rear rack

-
@rustjunkie Scott, attached is a picture of the lame ones I made for my woven basket that was my mother's for my 1937 Peerless. I made them out of some thin leather I had left over from hemming my motorcycle leather chaps. I used the fender rivets that are threaded with a washer and a nut on the backside. It works, but yours would look so much better! I like to use woven baskets when I find them. The size of the ones in the picture are 7/16" by 8" and the only hole I punched was where the chrome rivet is. I'm thinking some in brown and some in black about that width would work in most cases. To have buckles and size spacing holes there would be very good since some baskets need to hang lower, etc. So, Take a look, give it some thought, and let me know. Thanks so much!! Your leather and seat work is amazing!
Deb

straps.jpg

@rustjunkie Scott, attached is a picture of the lame ones I made for my woven basket that was my mother's for my 1937 Peerless. I made them out of some thin leather I had left over from hemming my motorcycle leather chaps. I used the fender rivets that are threaded with a washer and a nut on the backside. It works, but yours would look so much better! I like to use woven baskets when I find them. The size of the ones in the picture are 7/16" by 8" and the only hole I punched was where the chrome rivet is. I'm thinking some in brown and some in black about that width would work in most cases. To have buckles and size spacing holes there would be very good since some baskets need to hang lower, etc. So, Take a look, give it some thought, and let me know. Thanks so much!! Your leather and seat work is amazing!
Deb

View attachment 930621

thanks Deb, will send u a private conversation in a bit.

Back