When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will these tires fit?

-

62typhoon

Finally riding a big boys bike
Are 26x 1 3/8 and 26 x13/4 tire almost the same tire..im assuming wider?....I presently have the 26 x 1 3/4 off my 71 colligate but found these 26 x13/8 at a second hand store brand new...I checked the sheldon brown site and they both have a ISO of 597, whatever that means.
thanks

Are 26x 1 3/8 and 26 x13/4 tire almost the same tire..im assuming wider?....I presently have the 26 x 1 3/4 off my 71 colligate but found these 26 x13/8 at a second hand store brand new...I checked the sheldon brown site and they both have a ISO of 597, whatever that means.
thanks
Are you talking about 1.75 tires they are different than 1 3/4 tires

A 26" lightweight tire cannot have the same ISO as the S-7's, the lightweight rim has a larger diameter. The S-7 ISO is 571 and you're saying you have an S-7 on a Collegiate?

One could measure the distance between the wire-reinforced beads of the old tires and those for sale; measuring in millimeters might be best (should be between 55-60cm).
This measurement is called the bead seat diameter.

Last edited:
ill check what is says on the rims but they are the original 71 colligate rims...is that a S-7?

thanks

The original size on a Collegiate is 26 x 1-3/8

ISO is the measurement of the diameter of the rim. If they both have the same ISO, they should interchange. But 26x1-3/4 is the size tire that fits only a Schwinn S7 rim. Look at the rims on the Collegiate and see if you can find the stamping number. Before doing anything determine if your collegiate has the proper wheels/tires.

Last edited:
Back