When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wingbar Detail

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
image.jpeg
I need help. Will someone out there post a photo of what this area should look like. The downtube is loose in the casting. I'm thinking of welding the pieces together. Is a steel sleeve involved? And, what is the hole in the side for? I've drilled out the post and would like to head in the right direction. Thanks.
image.jpeg

View attachment 676242 I need help. Will someone out there post a photo of what this area should look like. The downtube is loose in the casting. I'm thinking of welding the pieces together. Is a steel sleeve involved? And, what is the hole in the side for? I've drilled out the post and would like to head in the right direction. Thanks.View attachment 676241

I heard from someone in my thread on my round-tube '36 SK that a cotter-pin type item goes in that hole. It was originally steel...which seems to always be the problem with the SKs when a dash of time is added.

Also, here's another article with a fairly detailed repair involving drilling that cotter pin.

http://www.coroflot.com/feralinnovations/Monark-Tube-Repair

Not a fan of the repair detail on that SK. BUT to each their own.
14bef1bbf13dc2fdc4a3c0b9a8bff048.jpg

...and here's mine...rusted to sh*t.

c3c95409f7a16608d96af9b2023e8adb.jpg

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back