When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wingbar on ebay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Oh my. That’s a freakin horrible loss.
Keep in mind everything we heard is hearsay. Only Bernard and those involved with storage unit auction know the real story. Apparently, Bernard forgot to pay the fee on that unit, so it wasn't that he couldn't pay it. Just an unfortunate oversight on his part.

Keep in mind everything we heard is hearsay. Only Bernard and those involved with storage unit auction know the real story. Apparently, Bernard forgot to pay the fee on that unit, so it wasn't that he couldn't pay it. Just an unfortunate oversight on his part.
I hope he was over there bidding on it! That sucks.

I was going to buy the Merlin Newsboy, third hand, but was able to get Bernard in touch with the new owner, so that he has a chance to get that one back.
Of all of the bikes that Bernard has had, that's one the you would be hard pressed to find another. (At least, at a decent price.)
My guess is, that is one of those bikes that will be a holy grail in the future.

I was going to buy the Merlin Newsboy, third hand, but was able to get Bernard in touch with the new owner, so that he has a chance to get that one back.
Of all of the bikes that Bernard has had, that's one the you would be hard pressed to find another. (At least, at a decent price.)
My guess is, that is one of those bikes that will be a holy grail in the future.

I like the story Bernard told me how are you acquired that bike. he seen it on the street. Chase the guy down and bought it right there on the spot.

Does anyone know if Bernard is ok? I’ve spoken with him several times. We both have a keen interest in aluminum bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a 1994 issue Merlin Newsboy in there that showed up at our local Cycle Swap last Sunday and the guy sold it for $800 bucks!
As far as I know, they only made 100 of those.
It's a pretty amazing bike, when you think how hard it must have been to bend the tubing to build an all titanium cantilever mountain bike frame.
That thing should be up in the Marin Museum of Bicycle History.

At last Sunday’s Swap for $800 ???
Are you serious ?

Back