When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wingbar project (sanding and buffing)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shaping up nicely. Looking good, polishing aluminum is fun for about the first five minutes.

I've done a couple myself and it is hard work. I use Mothers aluminum polish and then I go over it again with Gord's Aluminum Polish. That stuff is AMAZING!

Looking good my friend .....

I spent days on polishing & sanding - I ended up using a high speed buffer that I use to detail cars with a wool pad & rubbing compound for a consistent final polish finish - then I go over it with some metal polish to even it out & remove any wool pad spydering - then a 100% pure carnuba wax to keep the surface from oxidizing too fast ... a long process - but well worth it - Frank

Headlight and head badge showed up today. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
IMG_20140801_120356_640_zps53a1bf9a-1.jpg

IMG_20140801_211420_183_zps0cdb2c08-1.jpg

IMG_20140801_120253_122_zps9c45ecbc-1.jpg

Last edited:
I would be very careful with the Truss Rods. They are custom to breaking anyway and with the extra tension on them from the light it could very easily break them. They are hollow tubes of aluminum. And very expensive to replace, When and if you can find them.
Just a friendly gesture. Dave S. here on the cabe had a set that had a couple breaks in them for sale a few days ago and they were still priced at $150 for the set.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?61189-Wingbar-Truss-Rods
Nice looking bike, you have done a good job.
JKent

I would be very careful with the Truss Rods. They are custom to breaking anyway and with the extra tension on them from the light it could very easily break them. They are hollow tubes of aluminum. And very expensive to replace, When and if you can find them.
Just a friendly gesture. Dave S. here on the cabe had a set that had a couple breaks in them for sale a few days ago and they were still priced at $150 for the set.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?61189-Wingbar-Truss-Rods
Nice looking bike, you have done a good job.
JKent

Good point! I will have to rethink the headlight mounting point or just eliminate it. I had the same thought after installing it. Thanks Jkent!

Phenomenal work sir!

I have always loved the wingbar bicycle, IMHO, one of the most truly beautiful and spectacular aluminum bicycles!
You are doing her a great justice, pat yourself on the back sir... you deserve it!!!

-judd

Gabby looks good on your handlebars. I have one on my motorcycle and I like to watch her jaw move. Reminds me of someone I know.

Chain guard finally arrived from plating. This one looks great. The other one Calco Plating did looks like crap. He left it too long in the stripping tank.

Wingbar guard:
IMG_20140809_000014_544_zps07786d3f-1.jpg

The other guard:
IMG_20140808_181734_456_zpsef22bcf2-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140808_235819_825.jpg
    IMG_20140808_235819_825.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 124
Back