When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wingbar RAT

-
Thanks!

...it's a lot of fun!!! especially now that it's getting warmer.

I used old tires ... real shop aged

Thick bricks, right? Did you age the tires... how did you get them to look like that? They look old.

Sorry for the delay .. I never saw the question until right now ...

The tires were used on the Copperking build were tires that yellowed already from my buddies shop bicycle hes had for years .. true shop wear ... the yellowing went perfectly with the copper powder coated wheelset ...

Well the Copperking build inspired me to change my Wingbar Hot Rod BMX look to the hot rod look it now sports & from the blue NOS 26" Araya 7X rims to the 24" x 3" rims the Copperking bicycle had ... The blue candy powder coated wheelset for the Wingbar is kind of paying tribute to the blue of the fenders on the original bike ... The wheelset took a while to get built up between the powder coating & the custom billet adjustable width rear cog to lacing it up & with INK & IRON Show coming up in Long Beach this weekend I just finished in time to display there along with the Copperking build & a bunch of original & restored vintage balloon bicycles in the Spruce Goose Dome ...

I ended up premiering the Wingbar & did a maiden voyage @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride yesterday & it was really a solid great rider .. really happy how it turned out ...

PLEASE NOTE ... NO Wingbars were harmed in the build of this Wingbar ... NOTHING & I mean NOTHING was modified on the original bicycle frame or fork to achieve what you see ... It's a close fit but the 24" x 3" wide tires fit right under her .. I built this for the upcoming INK & IRON Show out here in Long Beach ... so if you are in the area ... come on by & say hi ... Ride Vintage .. Frank

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back