When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wingbar rear seat stay or repair of mine

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bike

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
I recently got a bike that has a broken lug where the seat stay goes into the seat cluster.
So I need another stay or someone that can repair it- weld and finish the partial lug. that is there.
Thanks

My Bike
01.jpg

Not my bike but shows the area that needs repair- Lug INSIDE the seat cluster only
InkedIMG_0565_LI.jpg

Last edited:
I recently got a bike that has a broken lug where the seat stay goes into the seat cluster.
So I need another stay or someone that can repair it- weld and finish the lug.
Thanks
i would post a picture of your's this would help anybody considering repairing it.

It is still packed in the box- awaiting possible return so I can't yet get a picture.
If anyone is familiar with the lug it is a rectangle of aluminum with a hole in it. Part of the lug is still there.
Would need welded up machined square and a hole drillled in it.The rounded part of the stay that is not inside the joint is not damaged.
Trying to get a guesstimate for an adjustment, else may return it. If that happens and I cant find a replacement stay- then I will have it repaired.

Last edited:
How about using this foto to describe the area of damage.
IMG_0678.JPG
It is still packed in the box- awaiting possible return so I can't yet get a picture.
If anyone is familiar with the lug it is a rectangle of aluminum with a hole in it. Part of the lug is still there.
Would need welded up machined square and a hole drillled in it.The rounded part of the stay that is not inside the joint is not damaged.
Trying to get a guesstimate for an adjustment, else may return it. If that happens and I cant find a replacement stay- then I will have it repaired.

Thanks
The rectangular lug INSIDE the seat cluster has the top half broken off.

Thanks
The rectangular lug INSIDE the seat cluster has the top half broken off.
That would be a relatively easy fix. A piece of aluminum that is shaped to the break would be welded and filed flush. I would talk to a local welder that knows aluminum. I would think $50 to $150 would be the range.
Here's a Flo-Cycle repair for less than $100
IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG

I'm reading your post from yesterday that says ttt.
Are you looking for someone to come to Bicycleland to fix this for you?
Or, is there something else needed that wasn't addressed?
Are you thinking of selling the project?
Encouragement and enthusiasm are, as Eliza Doolittle's father said, "Wiilling, wanting, and waiting."
There are only so many of these bikes left. What's your plan?

I expect I will have to ship it to someone that can fix it as there are no welding or machine shops in this area, central ny. Hoping to find a bicycle sympathetic machinist who is a cabe member, or at least get a firm quote from someone else to fix it. Working on this is beyond my skill set.
Else I would like to find the part-
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back