When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WINGBAR - Silver King vs. Wards Duralium Silver Streak?

-
Now I’m confused. This is one of the truss rods from my Hawthorne Duralium Airflow. The holes sure look to be original.
View attachment 934228

View attachment 934229
813A7CC0-DC0C-496F-9BC1-908E76E69354.png

813A7CC0-DC0C-496F-9BC1-908E76E69354.png

That sweep on the top tube, detail on the horn light, and like you said, the rear drop out. Perfection. I love that Art Deco look, and this is one of the finest examples out there. I have a 37, I believe, M1 deluxe. Bought a few years back when I knew next to nothing about these bikes. Mine was a basket case missing all of the rare expensive stuff. I put it together best I could on a real small budget. Aftermarket fenders, new, that I painted close to the blue on yours. Really like the contrast. Still missing all the good stuff but a cool rider. Spent countless hours polishing and giving its “dignity back”. Enjoy your postings, Kevin.

That is one awesome looking bike and I like the changes that you made! I really love the contrast that the color of the fenders lend to the overall appearance and agree that the tail light looks like it’s along for the ride. It definitely puts a smile on your face!

Back