When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Winged aluminum badge - black background and white text

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rennfaron

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I picked this up recently and cannot seem to determine what lightweight model, color and year bike this came from. Does anyone know? Have a shot of it on the correct bike? I was thinking it was a late 50s white racer, but the catalog shows different.

s-l1600-1 3.06.40 PM.jpg

I have a 1953 Varsity and 1953 Traveler with that badge so they came on higher end lightweights. Not rare but also not common. Roger

Thanks Roger. I am specifically talking about the color combination and material, not just that it is a winged badge. My understanding is '53s should have come with a brass badge and somewhere in the mid 50s they switched to aluminum. My two '54s have brass badges. Looking for info on aluminum with black background and white text.

Solved - I finally and randomly came across a white ladies racer. Looks to be a late 50s model. I suspected it was the ladies version only but needed proof. Possible the mens also, but have not found an all original image to confirm.

417f456025d30140b9220b1d073eda7b.jpg

Guess what I just found. This was on like my 10th search over the last few days!

1564349565795.png

Guess what I just found. This was on like my 10th search over the last few days!

YES!!! There we go. Mens and womens. Did you catch a year? We went to the edges of the internet to find these images...

Looks like the Lady's is a 1961 with that stem. Men's looks like a 58 judging from the saddle's white design before the S monogrammed S saddle's.

My 1959 White Racer has that head badge. It's my Avatar, customized but badge is original.
Very nice. Thanks.
Looks like the Lady's is a 1961 with that stem. Men's looks like a 58 judging from the saddle's white design before the S monogrammed S saddle's.
I say both are '61. The mens stem is the same as the ladies. That was a year only stem (from what I know...). Also, the one rivet on the side of the saddle is a one-to-two-ish year only thing as well (from what I know...). Good find!

Trying for a larger photo here. Yes, it does look like the same stem! So what's up with the 58 style white nose on the saddle?

Welp, the pic didn't post as the larger version I just copied. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back