When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Winners at Ann Arbor?!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oldbikes

I live for the CABE
I cast my votes for Classic Bike(s) of the year but left before they were announced! Restored and preserved winners?! Anyone?

CBOY-Tom Hearns maroon '36 Super Streamline, Nate Pence runner-up w/'36 green Super Streamline Best Preserved-name? (left w/new owner) 41 Huffman Topflite, runner-up Larkin Little '38 camel back Twin Flex (Airflyte). V/r Shawn

Last edited:
I may need to break out my Super Streamline for next year and make a run at it. V/r Shawn

bike of the year. ....?

It should be called "prewar balloon tire" bike of the year. I can't remember the last time any love was given to any thing else. A family original paramount was not one of the two best "preserved"? Also would it make sense to have a separate class for the "themed" bicycle? Oh well, Not my show. Have to respect the decisions made.

I'm just curious who/how the judging is done for CBOY. I know the other classes its peoples choice. Who makes up the judges for CBOY? Is there any established criteria or simply subjective? V/r Shawn

Classic Bike of the Year Winners

For those that want to keep score! V/r Shawn

Classic Bike of the Year
2014-1936 Dayton (Huffman) Super Streamline
2013-1940 Dayton (Huffman) Mainliner (lit, big tank)
2012-1941 Firestone (Colson) Super Cruiser
2011-1913 Pope
2010-1941 Airflyte (Huffman) Single Flex
2009-1939 Colson Commander
2008-1939 Colson Commander
2007-1939 Shelby Airflos (Speedlines) boys and girls pair
2006-1940 Dayton (Huffman) Twin Flex
2005-1950 Rollfast (H.P. Snyder) Hopalong Cassidy
2004-1937 Roadmaster (CWC) Supremes boys and girls pair
2003-1940 Firestone Airflex (Huffman) Twin Flex
2002-1938 Elgin (Westfield) Robin shaft drive
2001-1939 Hawthorne (CWC) Zep
2000-1937 Mercury (Murray) pod bike

It should be called "prewar balloon tire" bike of the year. I can't remember the last time any love was given to any thing else. A family original paramount was not one of the two best "preserved"? Also would it make sense to have a separate class for the "themed" bicycle? Oh well, Not my show. Have to respect the decisions made.

It is called the Ann Arbor CLASSIC bicycle show. And as we all know uncle Leon has determined that Classic refers to the Balloon Tire era bike and none other. But these things shouldn't keep people from showing such bikes as an original paramount or any other non-balloon bike. It would get really boring really fast if it was a balloon tire bike only parade/show. If that were the case we would have never seen cabe owner Scott's amazing TOC Dayton with spherical hubs that he brought a couple years ago or Patric's wild suspension Flying Merkel! Sorry I wasn't able to make it this year but hoping to make it next year. I really want to see more pics of the '17 Merkel! That machine looked pretty sweet!

Back