When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wireing a Deluxe Autocycle

-

1817cent

Riding my 41 Super Deluxe Autocycle
i am trying to wireup a 36 Deluxe Autocycle. My problem is getting the wires through the handlebars. My original plan was to thread the wire through the center holes through the end of the handlebars and then thread a 2nd wire through the hole near the button out the end of the bar. I would then join the 2nd guide wire to the first cloth covered wire and then gently pull the guide wire back, thus threading the cloth wire through the hole by the button.

I so for today have spent a couple of hours trying to get the cloth wire through the handlebars. Is there another, easier way to do this? Thanks!

After reading Shawn's comment above, i tried again and used "inner brake cable" and attached it to the cloth wire with packaging tape. I was able to pull the cloth wire through just fine. Once the tape starts to appear at the hole, go slow until you get to the cloth wire. The whole job took less than 20 minutes!

Back