When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woman's BF Goodrich Confusion

-

cafiore

On Training Wheels
Hi everyone,

Last year I was trying to find some vintage bicycles matching family photos to restore. I came across this Goodrich barn find in Vermont. It doesn't exactly match the Schwinn in the photograph, and I didn't want to take any chances restoring it so I've just been hanging on to it. When I get chances, I dig through some of the great information many of you have contributed to try to pinpoint the bicycle's birth and determine what parts are not original. I know the headlamp currently on is not original because the blue doesn't match the blue of the frame, and I was given an additional one that I believe is the original.

The interesting thing is a small part of tube tape has always been peeking out of the rear wheel. Last week I decided to pull it out and as I did a piece of what appeared to be a note started ripping out. I immediately stopped and found that the portion that came out is a Red Sox box score. The leadoff hitter is Fox, who it turns out is Pete Fox--the replacement for Ted Williams during the war. I'm hoping someone out there that knows more about this model can help me beyond what I've searched so far.

The serial number is D84693 on the BB.

I'm really curious to find out what, if anything, remains in the tires, but I'm also terrified to touch it now.

Best,
Craig

IMG_2691.JPG
IMG_2687.JPG
IMG_2689.JPG
IMG_2688.JPG
IMG_2686.JPG
IMG_2684.JPG
IMG_2683.JPG
IMG_2681.JPG
IMG_2680.JPG
IMG_2678.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0109 (1).JPG

Wow. That was extraordinarily fast. Thanks a million, Jake! Also, thanks for the kind words, SLM.

-A former Californian & Michigan Wolverine

That ladies bike it gorgeous & in BEAUTIFUL original condition! Please don't "restore" her:(

Back