When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Women's BSA with Internal Hub Brakes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

zuissjw1

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm having my "winter projects" garage sale and thought I would post a couple pictures of my more interesting models.

The first is a BSA women's model that I received, thinking from a poor initial photo that I was getting something with a front Dyno-hub. Does anyone know if BSA actually made this model, full chain case with internal hub brakes. It would be a great bike anywhere it rains a lot. There is a big front fender extension at the bottom that goes nearly to the ground. I just got the lights working yesterday. There were actually holes in the frame to route the wire from just behind the headtube to near the rear drop out. I added new wire during my full rebuild.

The second bike is also I think somewhat rare or uncommon. It's a 1958 women's Raleigh with the SW hub (working very well at this time). Actually, I think my hub is from the period after the improvements were made to the hub internals. It's got a nice Brooks saddle and saddle bag. This bike also has the Raleigh brakes with soldered cables. Finally, this is the first Raleigh I've had with the "grey stripe" rims, a slight different processing in the area by the spokes that give the rims almost a two tone effect. Anyway, just thought I would share. Regads, John

DSCN0120-1.jpg

DSCN0121-1.jpg

Back