Women's Westfield Columbia Army Bicycle

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

milbicycleman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jul 6, 2012
Yardley Pennsylvania
I really like your website and all of the information you provide about WW2 bicycles. I got to see the womens and mens bicycles before they were sent to Belgium, they were a great find.

izee2

Jun 14, 2011
Pittston, PA
Hello Johan,

Fantastic. Nice project with enough of the bones to get it complete. My girl is # MG189872....I would figure that our bikes were in the factory at the same time. If not pretty damn close. Here is a pic of what mine looked like when it arrived at my house. Second pic is what she looks like now. It took a couple of years to finish but it was worth it.
McDBOrrl.jpg

ukDD3CHl.jpg

I might have a line on a seat. it was just a frame and pan that was painted red but it was complete. If your interested let me know and I will try to track down the guy who had it.
Once again...Nice gift!!!
Tom

McDBOrrl.jpg

ukDD3CHl.jpg

Reactions: rrtbike

PIN GUY

On Training Wheels
Oct 5, 2014
Womens westfield columbia army bicycle

I have a question that someone might have the answer. Does the womens columbia mg bike have a smaller seat as tradition has it ladies bikes have smaller seats.
The womens mg bike i found does not have a seat and one is needed

37schwinn

Sep 13, 2012
Tustin, United States
Welcome to the CABE!

Yes, definitely a smaller size Persons Majestic saddle for the women's MG Columbia.

A little harder to find but I found one for mine. I found a women's Model as well about a year or so ago and I'm just about done collecting needed parts. There isn't many of these around so I would defenitely like I see a couple pics of yours.

Does any one have an approximate number of women's MG Columbias?

johan willaert

Feb 5, 2013
Bruges, Belgium
www.theliberator.be
I'm still looking for a saddle too...
Haven't put in much progress on the above bike... too cold to paint... Just awaiting some nice weather to apply primer and OD...
I have all the parts now, all it needs is paint and assembly...

As far as the number of Women's MGs, I have about 10 of them on file, info gathered over the past 10 years... So there aren't many about, at least not that are known in the Military bicycle community...

Johan

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

PIN GUY

On Training Wheels
Oct 5, 2014
Thanks for the info. about the women's saddle

If you have line on one (Persons Majestic Saddle) please email me at saltlakepinman@yahoo.com.

Also a reasonable price on a pump, brackets or tool bag would be appreciated.

Here's a phone number leave a message 801-860-4254 Utah USA

Thanks to all !!

johan willaert

Feb 5, 2013
Bruges, Belgium
www.theliberator.be
While progress has been slow these last few weeks, I'm still on track to get this done before Easter...
I have just about all the parts needed for this project and a saddle is being refurbished as I write this...

I spent countless hours trying to remove the blue color while saving the original OD underneath, but I gave up in the end...
I sanded the entire frame to bare metal and took it from there...

MG14041814Feb151-1.jpg

Found some unknown markings on the rear forks...

MG14041814Feb153-1.jpg

The original frame headplate was clearly fitted before primer and OD were applied... The plate is metal, not brass...

MG14041814Feb154-1.jpg

Frame and spokes were sprayed red oxide primer, and are awaiting a first coat of OD...

MG14041815Feb151-1.jpg

MG14041815Feb152-1.jpg

After that it will be assemble of hubs and spokes into NOS rims, and trueing...

iswingping

Aug 27, 2014
Mesa, United States
Johan,
Great progress! Good to hear you found a saddle to refurb. Is it just getting cleaned up or did you find someone to work new leather with a P-M logo into it? I've got most my bike stripped clean, but my progress hasn't been quite as fast. I too spent several wasted hours trying to clean to save the original green, but was unsuccessful. I love the way those rear dropouts look. That is very different from the Huffman style. I wonder if anyone else has identified any other markings on their bikes. Date stamps?
Great stuff, can't wait to see more.

johan willaert

Feb 5, 2013
Bruges, Belgium
www.theliberator.be
I bought a Women's Saddle on Ebay the other day. It was advertised as a Troxel but was actually a Persons.
The leather was cracked and torn and I had it sent to a friend who refurbished the saddle for my Huffman last year.
It will be smooth brown leather covered complete with Persons logo...

Here's a view of the saddle on the Huffy, I still need to attach the crash tabs...

D5054613Apr1417-1.jpg

iswingping

Aug 27, 2014
Mesa, United States
That leather work is gorgeous! You'll have to ride standing up so people can appreciate the craftsmanship as you roll by.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!