When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonderful 1951 Raleigh Lenton Touring

-

jungleterry

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hello we just received are wonderful 1951 Raleigh Lenton touring bike . Rides super smooth too . Loving these Raleigh’s . Take care Terry and Tammy

-----

thanks so much for sharing yet another beauty! 😉

lighting question -

photos show a Dynohub and front lamp but surprisingly no rear lamp is visible

the rear mudguard exhibits a reflector

am i missing something?

---

what rims were employed for the wheel build?

---

thank you

-----

Hello I will take a look at the rims I know there dunlop for sure ,the little rear light is on the other side but present .

-----

thanks very much for the response

if the rear lamp is on the non-drive side the cycle must be an export model produced for a nation which drives on the right

-----

I noticed that the forks had the marking on. the left said and clamp marries on the lets as well on the rear ,nothing indicating right sides mounting like on my bikes from Liverpoo

I have a great video I took today of Arte collection ,send me your email and I can send both parts .
Saw your video on FB yesterday. What an amazing collection you have and so well done! Like you, I have a soft spot for British bikes, but I’m concentrating my collection on the sub-brands that Raleigh put out, or the non Raleigh brands before Raleigh gobbled them up. You can see what I have from my signature, but always looking for more (sound familiar?)

I absolutely, sincerely apologize for hijacking this thread...but I'm looking for a Raleigh Gents X Frame in restorable condition. Anything out there? There's an Armstrong cross frame on eBay here in the US - but it's at a crazy price. Once again - I apologize for the hijack. It was just too tempting. Thanks!

I absolutely, sincerely apologize for hijacking this thread...but I'm looking for a Raleigh Gents X Frame in restorable condition. Anything out there? There's an Armstrong cross frame on eBay here in the US - but it's at a crazy price. Once again - I apologize for the hijack. It was just too tempting. Thanks!
-----

in Europe these are frequently referred to as "priest bikes" as the frame design permits them to be ridden by a priest wearing a cassock

you might wish to include this term in your searches

1631290704682.png

-----

Back