When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold WONDERFUL Original Gene Autry Bicycle (NOS)

-

jungleterry

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hello I want to start off by saying we thought this bike would never have to leave us .A few things have happened and this little guy has to find a new home .Hoping someone will appreciate the rarity of this bike and of course the condition.This bike is NOS spending its life in the storage room of a family owned bike shop since new.The father and mother of the shop saved it for there son to have as something of value later on in life .We bought it from him last year and was so amazed how something could be so nice still after almost 70 years.The only part of the bike that shows its age is the top of the front fender and top front of the rear fender.From years of sitting with dust I imagine .Everything else looks excellent plus.Even the saddle blanket and gun holster are original still .Even if you find one of these old Gene Autry bikes the blankets are missing or in really bad shape .These are wonderful and not re made .Back in the day they used frame clips riveted onto the blacket and holster to clip onto the bike frame .If you have one of these bikes take a look at how its put on.The restored versions snap on with leather strapes .A wonderful guy I know has made maybe a dozen of these over the past 40 years and has made a few for other Gene Autry bikes we have had and placed with new homes so I know allot about these .This set up is the rear deal .I did have to add the correct Gene Autry cap pistol because the original one had gotten played with and lost.This is truly a museum Quilty piece of history .They refer to this as a 16 inch or sidewalk bicycle.Again we never planned on having to sell him ever..I don't know for sure but I would think this has to be one of the nicest original examples to exist.I have taken lots of pictures and will be more then happy to answer any questions you may have .Thank you so much for taking the time to read all this and maybe consideing him as a new member of your family collection. Happy Holidays Terry and Tammy . (440)228-0291 talk or text (We purchased him last year for 3500.00 so asking that for him still .We also can ship if necessary. ) NOTE; if you look at the rear tire, there is still a spoke tag attached .

Last edited:
IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5481.jpg

IMG_5482.PNG

IMG_5483.PNG

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

Good morning , we could do a partial trade if that would help or even payments on this one . I know it's not cheap but it's very rare in this condition .we do like the prewar and post war Shelby tank bikes and maybe a prewar Roadmaster tank bike as well . Just wanted to let anyone know who might be interested . Next option is eBay but won't do that yet till the over the weekend . Hope some one can give him a new home . Thank you Terry and Tammy

Good morning ,well looks like we may post up on eBay sooner then planned ,no interest at this time .maybe its priced to high or we paid to much .not sure I just know its the nicest one we have ever seen anywhere in any size(original) .I will post the eBay # once he's listed .open for offers if anyone s interested .Thank you again Terry and Tammy

Back