When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wood Bicycle from around 1900

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's actively for sale I cant remember if he brought it to the copake swap last year or not. However there was a chilion in the auction that brought $4500. Wasn't as pretty but also brings up the question of if it were so reasonably priced why hasn't it sold? Definately not the same as the Mc. but neither is a comet.
I was offering actual "sold" comparables
anyone can ask anything for a bike, a for sale listing is not much of a comparable, especially an old listing

Last edited:
Reactions: JMP
I’d say the chilion bike is very unusual and super clean but the McCloskey has the look of a rocket. Yep there’s all kinds of bad past sales too that no one can compare to unless you’re the seller. If you’re looking for a price to ask for you have to look at what’s for sale today and how long it’s been for sale too

Just for the future reference:

Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 2.42.59 PM.png

That’s just a little over $8100 US. I thought it would do better than that but right now I think it’s getting a little tough to sell. It will be interesting to see what happens at Copake this year.
It was nice but being not the choicest example. It could go to a good furniture surface conservator to be correctly "patina refinished" in a more fitting manner. So add an additional $2k plus for that work for a top person, then some missing bits, and logistics. I am not sure if that is what held it back but this weighed-in with my bidding considerations.

Yes, Copake will be interesting for sure!

Back