When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wood fenders or not?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wood fenders or no wood fenders

• yes wood fenders

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • no wood fenders

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have had these fenders kicking around for a while and decided to try them out on the Lozier. What's your thoughts, On or off

Wood fenders can look very nice on TOC bicycles however those fenders are very modern in design not at all like original wood fenders which are typically more crescent in shape. I'd say it depends on what you are wanting. If you simply want fenders on the bike then those don't look bad and will work but if you are trying to achieve a more original vintage look I suggest maybe having Noah Stutzman make you a set of more appropriately shaped vintage looking wood fenders.

If you intend to ride it, keep them on. It'll protect the nicely painted frame from road grit and protect the value as well.

The light-colored wood fenders contrast well with the dark (black) bike; however they clash with the cream tires (also light-colored).
Contrast looks good aesthetically, but one may need to decide on which parts in which colors; how to mix and match.
Perhaps some semi-transparent medium (or even colorful) stain, and varnish, on the wood might look better.
Sometimes the blonde woods look nice too.

Back