When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wood Fenders Rear Only? Very Rear???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

carlitos60

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hey Guys, I have an 1890s Ladies :o:o:o Bike with just a Wood Rear Fender; were those very rare options????

I have not seen many, so what would it be worth if I need some Cash?

It has a Sight Crack at the Back End!

Thanks Again!

My 1897 Ladies Columbia complete nice 8 of 10 bike (minus block chain) sold for $275 That had a great rear only fender and a wood chainguard too.

I could be wrong but I believe the rear fender only was because of the front scrub brake option on most ladies bikes and it went with the whole skirt guard set up. Most of my 1890's women's bikes have rear only with wood chain guards and some type of lacing system for a skirt guard. I've had very similar experiences as Bri, most complete women's bikes I've sold went for $250-$350 with fender intact.

Wood Fenders

Great Feedback! I guess that I'm in Really Bad Shape because I paid Big Money for mine!

But I love it anyways!

By the way I was talking about the Value of The Fender by itself!

Thanks!:o:o

Bike Pictures

I will post some as soon as my sister comes by because I don't have any!

See Ya Soon!

For comparison - 1901 Hartford Ladies Model 28 Hartford Wood Rim Bicycle

This restored bike was on ebay last year, no front fender for comparison. Pretty sure most in this era were rear only fender and a wood chainguard. Not really sure on value.

$T2eC16F,!)sE9swm(vcyBQQBemQROg~~60_57.jpg
$(KGrHqF,!ikE+0Uf2qQ5BQQBfN6db!~~60_57.jpg
$(KGrHqF,!hEF!jz1s5h7BQQBhS088Q~~60_57.jpg
$(KGrHqN,!qcF!b70PuciBQQBgq8mVQ~~60_57.jpg
$(KGrHqR,!ogF!OECGCOWBQQBgQeE7Q~~60_57.jpg

Looking through old ads, ca.1900 bikes with a plunger brake could have a front fender, but only from the fork crown back, They could mount with a metal bracket either under of behind the crown.

Back