When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wood rim bike id help 1898

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have that exact bike. Possibly 1900s Napolean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I have a frame and fork that may be the same as well, but is also a mystery. The head badge is missing, but has two holes set apart horizontally, but vertically offset from each other. It has a Fauber crank, but with the same style chainring, just that it bolts on with 5 screws. Only markings I found were on the Fauber crank (Patent Pending Mar. 93). The only other obvious difference is the rear chain tension is adjusted with notched metal plates in the shape of a nautilus (the notches along the increasing diameter of the shape fit into tabs on the frame, allowing the tension to be greater, but this is obviously a more primitive system than screw tensioners since the allowable adjustment isn't as fine). Mine originally had gold filligree near the ends of the tubes. At one point it looked to be a mustard yellow and at another point a medium blue with white darts. I believe the latter may have been its original coloring mostly due to the gold filligree wouldn't show up well on yellow, but I honestly can't tell if that is the real original color or not.

Back