When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wood rim washers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

snirt54

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone know of a source for the washers used on wood rims? I haven't seen these for sale on ebay or anywhere else. My only source has been saving washers from warped rims that are beyond repair.
dsc00529se-1.jpg

Last edited:
RE: Wood rims - washers

Nice washers......unfortunately no one makes these anymore as far as i can tell - your best source for washers for wood rims is Ghisallo or CB Italia - Wheel Fanatyk ( http://www.wheelfanatyk.bigcartel.com ) have a selection as well. I quite like their low profile washers.

Best regards,

Will

Does anyone know of a source for the washers used on wood rims? I haven't seen these for sale on ebay or anywhere else. My only source has been saving washers from warped rims that are beyond repair.
dsc00529se-1.jpg

Thanks Ranger Dan and Filmonger for the information. It doesn't matter if they are a slightly different style as long as they work the same. I'll check out that website.

I forgot to mention that Wheel Fanatyk is offering custom cut straight-gauge Wheelsmith spokes for $.20 ea.! An LBS here quoted me $1.85 ea. for factory cut versions of the same item. (Just one of the several reasons my patronage of that particular LBS is rare.)

Last edited:
Ranger Dan, that is a good price for spokes. I could save a lot of money on a wheel rebuild with spokes purchased there. Thanks for the information.

Drew

wheelsmith

Yea - I think Rick of wheel fanatyk is the brother of one of the former owners of wheelsmith.....he knows his stuff when it comes to building wooden wheels having represented Ghissalo for years.

I forgot to mention that Wheel Fanatyk is offering custom cut straight-gauge Wheelsmith spokes for $.20 ea.! An LBS here quoted me $1.85 ea. for factory cut versions of the same item. (Just one of the several reasons my patronage of that particular LBS is rare.)

I just noticed that when I was looking at the site, That's an amazing price! I've had a bunch of wheel projects in mind but the fact that it would cost like $75 in spokes per wheelset has not made it feasible, now it is.

Yea - I think Rick of wheel fanatyk is the brother of one of the former owners of wheelsmith.....

Oh, that's cool; didn't know that. His emails show a really personable guy. Wheelsmith ... I remember their little ads in the back of bike magazines in the seventies, and how thrilling it was to finally get to see the shop in the nineties. If you're ever near Palo Alto, I'd say it's a must-see.

wheel washers

i just use regular washers purchased at automotive fasteners no issues so far about 3.00 per hundred ,the fit in the rim recess perfectly and are a very close fit on the spoke nipple ,what more can you ask for ?:cool:

Back