When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wood wheel building question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When I disassemble wood wheels, they only have 1 washer... except one that had 2 per hole.

Looks like they measure the distance of the rim from being true

Sorry, I should have clarified better. They look labratory grade, the roller tips are much wider that what I have for normal machinist use. The indicator also looks like it may be sealed. Obviously they look to be very high quality. I have starret and mitutoyo for good work and a bunch of $10 china ones for general work.

RE: stand

It's a PK lie stand out of Germany. I bought mine a few years ago from Berlin. As I live in Ireland a good portion of the year it was a simple transaction. Wheel fanatyk reps them in the states now. They are by far the best and most accurate stand made today. I have been considering selling mine now that I no longer sell wooden wheels - still thinking about it though. It is a work of art and very very easy to use.

And here I thought I was doing ok with my Park TS-2 and some indicators I put on myself. Even though I normally dont bother with the indicators too much.

Park TS2 is a very good stand. Really you could true on the bike if you have a dial indicator with a magnetic base. You'd still have to check dish to make sure the rim was centered (something I have never done as I just trust my TS2 to center the rim. So far it hasn't let me down!

Back