When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wood wheel - Clincher

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just in case anyone wants a functional everyday 28 wood style rim.. Velocity will on special order do their Blunt 29er 36h rim in their teak or burlwood finish that they offer on their deep V. This rim is 1/2 round like many of the old wood wheels with no brake surface. They have to be ordered through a LBS unless you're a dealer. My LBS gave me a quote of @ $96 each to my door.

I have down loaded a 1900 "Lewis and Sons's" catelog which show the various rims made by a company called Bowmanville. (pg 23)...

FYI, the Bowmanville rims were originally manufactured by the Dominion Organ and Piano Factory, which apparently later changed its name to Bowmanville Cycle Wood Rim Co., Ltd. Their rim is depicted with nails, to illustrate its "non-splitable" nature. According to period advertisements, these rims were constructed with a "birch or rock elm outside and rock maple inside with black walnut veneer running crosswise".

Back