When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wooden Frame Bicycle Reference Thread

-

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Doing a bit of research I was surprised to find a lack of wood frame reference thread other than to try and ID particular bikes.

I bought a ladies wood frame that I am not yet able to ID but I have cause to believe it was a factory built machine rather than a mail order kit.

I thought I would try to pull together the wood frame adverts with positive ID's associated I have and invite others to do the same.

Please feel free to dredge your archives and add to the list for posterity.

refereecycletra171896 Allwood Article.jpg

1896.07.11  Allwood Ad.jpg

1896.07.11 - Allwood Article.jpg

allwood advert.jpg

Chilion wood frame advert.png

Tonk Wooden Bicycle.jpg

Doing a bit of research I was surprised to find a lack of wood frame reference thread other than to try and i.d. particular bikes.

I bought a ladies wood frame that I am not yet able to i.d. but I have cause to believe it was a factory built machine rather than a mail order kit.

I thought I would try to pull together the wood frame adverts with positive i.d.'s associated I have and invite others to do the same.

Please feel free to dredge your archives and add to the list for posterity.

View attachment 933506

View attachment 933507

View attachment 933508

View attachment 933509

View attachment 933510

View attachment 933511
I had no idea that moulded plywood was a thing so early - I had always associated it with mid-century modern and later furniture.

Back