When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wooden-rimed bike

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vquest95

On Training Wheels
I am reposting this because I did not include a price in the original.

I have a bike with wooden rims. Probably made during WW II when metal was scarce. The name on the head badge is Spalding across the top and NYACK in bigger letters. It is complete. Front and read fenders, Handle bars, Rubber on unbrokey rear rim but not on front rim that is broken with bits missing. Has a fancy seat, leather but rotted, torsion spring in front and dual deep (~4" ) springs at rear, pedals, chain, stand that goes around the rear wheel, and rear reflector. It is covered with rust; no paint or chrome anywhere.

I will send pictures in a day or so. Need to wait for good weather.

I am not sure about price. I have gotten several bites, so let's try $100 or best offer and see what happens after I post some pics. buyer will have to pay for shipping.

Also, I am new to antique bikes, so I have no idea how to ship a bike, or what it would cost. Any help would be appreciated. Would prefer to sell locally to avoid shipping hassle but I am located in the Hudson valley half-way between NYC and Albany.

Dave

PM's are full. At $100 I'll take it, but you should probably research a little (type spading into the search box). Let me know if $100 is enough or if you have a new price. Thanks.

Who wouldn't buy it at $100? No one hesitates to tell a seller their price is to high!

Dave I received your PM at 7am cabe time, please clear your PM box so I may respond. It is full. Waiting for pictures to arrive in my email thanks. Dave

Last edited:
PM's are full. At $100 I'll take it, but you should probably research a little (type spading into the search box). Let me know if $100 is enough or if you have a new price. Thanks.

Honest purchaser, cudos!!!!!

I might back out if its junk.

Speaking of honest buyers and sellers I want to take the opportunity to give gazube Frank cudo's he sent me a package free of any charge and wanted to make sure I was satisfied before he took my money. I dont expect this from or for everyone, but this is the sign of someone honest in what they are selling, he wasn't satisfied showing pictures, he wanted me to put my hands on what I was buying to ensure satisfaction. *THIS* is honesty at its best. The man has more of my money now. Satisfied customer!

Last edited:
I sent you a pm on your first post the day you listed it and never got a reply.
I was very interested in it then and was waiting to hear back from yoiu.
Jkent

vquest95, I've been looking for a Nyack bicycle for a while now. I'm located in the Hudson valley & can pick up bike & give you a fair price for it. My cell # is 845 671 9040. Mike J

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back