When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woodie Solo Polo

-

Baldy Jeff

Finally riding a big boys bike
Woodie Polo - I've had quite a few solo polos through the years, but this probably is the most unique! Scored this a few years back + was told it's one of only two known ...... w/ other being similar. Supposedly straight from shuttered Persons factory. Can't find any markings, but possibly a model for the first polos. Last pic shows size match to an original Persons solo polo. The checkerboard polo was previously owned by the late, great Bill Figatner + featured in the Liz Fried book.

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

It is a seat template, from when they were designing the seat. Only a few are out there, I believe Gary Wold may have one. And yes, they came from the old Faulhaber plant in Monroeville, OH.

I have a friend who visited the plant and cleaned out all sorts of cool stuff back in the 1990's. Daughter of the buildings new owner was selling the contents on eBay, and he got in contact with her and cleaned out a ton of great stuff. He probably sold that to Bill!

Back