When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

work benchs ....

-
I like steel plate

you can drill and tap or weld to it or whatever and then just reweld grind etc

Can hammer on it better than OSB - I cut up a rubber pickup bed floormat for a softer work surface where ever needed . Now if I could just clean all the clutter that has accumulated since this pic:

100_8587.jpg

I've got a sheet of galvanized steel, bent to fit with a backsplash, etc. Works nice. I don't weld to it to make jigs or anything, but as a solvent resistant and durable surface, it's awesome. Stainless would be nicer, but sheesh.. pay for that!

I got this bad boy from Craigslist. It is 8'x6' long. All the drawers open with a key. The PO delivered it to my house for a grand total of $150! :) For that kind of money you can't even buy the material to make it. The PO lived about 70 miles from my home. A real nice guy. He got it from a factory that closed in his neighborhood years ago. Craigslist is the way to go for affordable work benches.

Attachments

• IMG_20140829_190657_542.jpg
    IMG_20140829_190657_542.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 410
That rocks!

I got this bad boy from Craigslist. It is 8'x6' long. All the drawers open with a key. The PO delivered it to my house for a grand total of $150! :) For that kind of money you can't even buy the material to make it. The PO lived about 70 miles from my home. A real nice guy. He got it from a factory that closed in his neighborhood years ago. Craigslist is the way to go for affordable work benches.

Crazy low price but I would be afraid to use it- too pretty!

I think formica is the best workbench surface. Easy to clean and very durable.

Back