When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worksman cargo box restoration...?

-

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello. I'm new to this friendly, informative and interesting place. Glad to be here. And I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm working on a Worksman trike...and before I do something completely uncraftsmanlike, I thought I'd ask. The top of the cargo box is dimpeled. It's also beginning to tear at the hinge corners. Only idea I can come up with, to make it all nice and flat, is to fix a piece of 1/2" plywood under the lid to eliminate flex in the sheet metal - and then break out the body filler. Sounds like a pretty bad idea. I have a hammer and some dollies, but not much skill with them. The lid seems non-removable. I also guess I could somehow use a heavy gauge sheet of metal to laminate on top of the existing lid - another unsavory fix. Anyone have an idea of how to make this lid all nice? Thanks in advance!
cargo 1.JPG

Dear Uncle Guzzi:
As the great philosopher Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations." Of course, it depends on the look that you're going for. To keep the movie references going, the original box would have been fine if a Mad Max style was desired for the project.
Have fun and send us some pics!

AndyA - I most certainly will post pics! The "look" i'm after won't be show/museum quality...a function of my skill level. It'll just be the best that I can do. I stand in awe of the kind of work I see displayed on this site...

Back