When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worksman pedal extenders, great product for wide feet/hips

-

Late To The Party

Look Ma, No Hands!
I got to give props to Worksman Cycles for their 1/2" x 35mm pedal spacers. I was having troubles with my big old size 13 sneaker's heals hitting the chain stays on my 49 rollfast. These spacers are heavy! Solid stainless steel, not cheap amazon junk at $33 but worked the charm and will not break. I never realized truly how cramped I felt pedaling, now it is totally a much more free feeling. They are a bit funny looking with the pedals sticking out so far but when I motion I can't see it but the more relaxed feeling is real. I ordered another pair for my other 1/2 pedal bike (they do not make 9/16" as all their bikes are 1/2") Next is to find some larger bow pedals, these are eBay cheapies but all I could find easily in brown/chrome.

Certainly have to keep the inside foot up, or at least mid point in a higher speed sharper turn, but that has been a standard practice for me. Another benefit is that on slow speed sharper turns puttering around when I generally keep my feel level or when slow pedaling my toes no longer hit the trailing edge of the front fender as they are now outside its arc of travel.

I picked up a set of pedal extenders/ adapters on eBay for a current project- a ca. 1899-1905 Rambler frankenbike. I found a nicely rounded 1940's Schwinn cranks, but the nice 1/2" chrome Raleigh 501 style pedals I got from eBay years ago turned out to be two lefts.... So some other 9/16 Raleigh 501's that seemed too narrow got the extenders with a 1/2" male thread and 9/16 female, and in the process they looked a little more period with a longer shaft connecting to the cranks. Were the 501's specifically ladies pedals? My narrow by US standards feet do not really fit.

Last edited:
Back