When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Workstand

-

Bajaway

Finally riding a big boys bike
I’m considering purchasing a workstand but most clamp to the top tube which is not possible with a bike that has a tank. I know you can clamp to the seat tube as well but it appears as though the clamp assembly on most of these stands don’t get small enough to properly hold the bike. thanks any ideas on what most of you guys are using for a bike that has a tank

When I encounter a problematic frame, I usually raise the saddle and clamp to the exposed seatpost. My Park stand closes small enough, but one could use some sort of shim, if it's needed. Two wooden V-blocks would do the job for me.

Thanks I guess I will se if I can find a used park out there I wasn’t sure if it would clamp tight enough on these skinny seat posts thanks

IMG_2747.JPG

IMG_2748.JPG

Sometimes I don't want to clamp to the frame. Even with using a rag as a buffer, on a fresh paint job, I don;t want to take the chance of marring the paint. These old park clamps that I have can actually crush a frame in if you put them on too tight. What I did was take an old girls green Schwinn [ugh] and cut out a section of frame. I slip it over the seat post, then wedge in tight with a couple wood shims. Then I clamp it. I've never had it come loose while working on a bike. Probably other ways to do it better, but it worked for me. I also have a Velcro 'ed piece of fabric that can be wrapped around the frame to protect paint. It's nice because it holds itself on , as you position your frame into the clamp, whereas a hunk of cloth is flopping around on you.

Thanks I guess I will se if I can find a used park out there I wasn’t sure if it would clamp tight enough on these skinny seat posts thanks

Thanks so much I knew I would have to be creative but I knew someone has dealt with this in the past

Last edited:
Thanks for the link I’m gonna hit the guy up for the $40 one seems like a steal

Back