When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World Voyager in Kool Orange

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Rodger is correct the Volare was made for two years (77-78) and came in red and pearlescent orange. Tough bikes to find, here are my two. Tim

D8758323-B943-48C0-9578-3BA833A9802C.jpeg

E58E4A8B-91E7-4665-9A37-A5FCC38D17A3.jpeg

I remember the biggest difference between the 1977 and 1978 is the 1977s had a Crane (Dura Ace) labeled rear derailleur and the 1978 they were called Dura Ace only. 531 Reynolds lugged brazed in Japan frames. Basically a Japanese Paramount for about half the money

I always liked the Volare model my buddy sold one with all Dura Ace 1st gen and since then I've always wanted one. Tim you have a beautiful pair of bikes.

when I bought my first nice roadbike in 1983 I didn't even think to go look at Schwinn. I thought they only made the heavy Varsity and Continentals.

The World Voyageur was a 2-year model, '72 and '73. It was replaced in '74 by the Voyageur II, which was essentially the same bike but with different colors and the addition of a 25" frame size.

The '72 and '73 Schwinn Approved (Suntour) barcons had grey lever covers. For '74 and later they were changed to black.

I remember the biggest difference between the 1977 and 1978 is the 1977s had a Crane (Dura Ace) labeled rear derailleur and the 1978 they were called Dura Ace only. 531 Reynolds lugged brazed in Japan frames. Basically a Japanese Paramount for about half the money

-----

At its launch the Shimano DuraAce road ensemble was incomplete.

There was no rear mech so the Crane was employed.

There were no brakes so the Tourney centrepull was employed with a DuraAce stamping.

Other makers of complete road ensembles did similar things at the launch of a new one, using earlier model parts to fill out a set.

-----

Back