When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth the work?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mcmitchell

On Training Wheels
We recently purchased an abandoned home and found this in the shed. It looks to me as if it’s missing a few “pieces”. I have googled a bit but can’t seem to nail down the exact model I have to compare photos. Can anybody tell me what it’s missing and if it’s worth restoring?
27b9093a14f4959f4de8ce0f9437cc97.jpg
4d6bafedfbcc98a50de447c9657069f3.jpg
6c744dcf00d0c92e8cf8623797bea23d.jpg
bb98a8a0527a9e6bd5144660f1916b1e.jpg
7438a62b903acf26c1ce40ddcedb1b29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! I don't believe it's missing much other than the headlight on the front fender (see two holes where it would mount). It is interesting to see someone welded that top bar to make it more like a boy's bike. That addition is not stock/original.

But, it's really hardly worth putting the effort into an old girl's bike. Perhaps this would make a good display piece to lean against a tree or that kind of thing. (Assuming that tacky trend is popular in WV, too...)

Or throw it on FB marketplace for $35 and be done with it.

Good luck!

The headlight is missing and someone welded an extra bar in. This is not worth restoring. Clean, service, ride or throw up on Letgo or CL for $75 and call it a day. V/r Shawn

PS I guess Jeff and I were typing at the same time. $75 would be optimistic--$35 is the get it gone now price!

Monarks are very comfortable cruisers. With the welded bar, being a womans bike and it looks like repainted its not collectible but a lot of fun to ride. Clean it, lube it and put some new tires and tubes on the rims. Your bike is hands down better built than anything new that would cost $500 at a store today.

No doubt there is someone on here looking for parts to restore a boys bike and unfortunatly with this bike the parts are worth much more than the bike as it sits.

Did someone attempt to make a boys bike by adding the bar or was it added because some other part of the frame is cracked and this was the easiest repair?

Back