When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

worth to get? 59 Panther

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sfhschwinn

I live for the CABE
For those who have read the recent post about the guy offering a "Schwinn Phantom" for $5600 or so on ebay that was a piece of crap rat rod not even a canti frame, I spoke to him through email and phone giving him advice on what he has and what it is worth and he agreed he has no idea what he has. The few that I saw were mostly schwinns customized with Chinese parts and repainted. I know he has more than what I saw. I am going to his storage tomorrow to see the bikes as I sold a workmans trike and have to deliver it three blocks so I said I might as well go. The one thing that caught my eye was this fully original Panther. I have always sold every woman's bike I have had including two hornets currently in my possession that are up for sale. I love the way this bike looks but don't want to over pay. I told him I was interested in it around the $200 range. What would be the top that this bike would bring. I have no intention of selling but in case I need to I don't want to have a lot in it. I think this is in great condition as well though there are a few scratches. Also I thought panthers only had chrome fenders? could these not be original to the bike?http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/4836591322.html
00J0J_57uvEbMakWr_600x450[1].jpg

Last edited:
This bike appears repainted to me. The light green isn't the right color and yes it should have chrome fenders. Looks like it has the correct parts which are worth about five hundy or so if you blew it apart. As a whole bike a few hundred is where I would be. V/r Shawn

I was going through pictures and your right the green is off. I hate to blow it apart but some of those pieces look appetizing like the headlight and wheels. So that's the new question would parting this one be ok since it is a repaint? I know there was an original paint one without the original springer that sat for months before it sold and parting seems to sell "restored" bikes faster. Thoughts?

Doesn't look like a complete repaint. Looks like he only painted the fenders, the chrome portion of the tank, the rocket ray, and the front part of the frame. Rest looks like original paint. I would be interested in the fork arms/springer set up if you part it out. And that's if it hasn't been painted. The left fork arm on my Panther is bent and I've been looking for an original paint replacement.
20150110_131942.jpg

Eh..

Looks like that "Crest Toothpaste Green" is on the springer fork arms too. The 3 lines on the side of the arms.

think your right on that, I will have to see if this was painted over

It's a shame because that would be a really nice bike to put my wife on. Bigger problem though is she's only 4'10". She just won't fit. Might have to build a Baby Green Lady Panther with a 20" frame that I have.

I spoke to the owner yesterday, he sent me a bunch of pictures.... Someone went a little far with the paint on some of them.

I spoke to the owner yesterday, he sent me a bunch of pictures.... Someone went a little far with the paint on some of them.

Did you see the rat rod stingray. That was ugly and also the horrible rack on the blue "Schwinn Dyno" as he calls it

After looking at all the pictures, it looks like a total repaint to me.

Back