When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

worth to get? 59 Panther

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'll also thrown down for total repaint. Tank should be chrome, the chainguard stripes look wrong, just doesn't look right. I see no ethical issues with parting this one, unless there's a minty bike hiding under all that repaint. Which I seriously doubt.
Rear rack looks like original paint perhaps.

If you plan to buy it, make sure the rims are actually S-2s and not something random.

Oh yeah, and they didn't make that model in that configuration in '59.

Cheers, Geoff

For those who have read the recent post about the guy offering a "Schwinn Phantom" for $5600 or so on ebay that was a piece of crap rat rod not even a canti frame, I spoke to him through email and phone giving him advice on what he has and what it is worth and he agreed he has no idea what he has. The few that I saw were mostly schwinns customized with Chinese parts and repainted. I know he has more than what I saw. I am going to his storage tomorrow to see the bikes as I sold a workmans trike and have to deliver it three blocks so I said I might as well go. The one thing that caught my eye was this fully original Panther. I have always sold every woman's bike I have had including two hornets currently in my possession that are up for sale. I love the way this bike looks but don't want to over pay. I told him I was interested in it around the $200 range. What would be the top that this bike would bring. I have no intention of selling but in case I need to I don't want to have a lot in it. I think this is in great condition as well though there are a few scratches. Also I thought panthers only had chrome fenders? could these not be original to the bike?http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/4836591322.htmlView attachment 190824

It's a goofy "kook" bike. Pretty much what 90% of the redone stuff out there looks like. Did you ask the guy why he had nearly 6 grand on a 300 dollar or so pile of *%#*? I get it when these people "don't know" .......well if you "don't know" then get some kind of clue before you insult the entire universe.

the Bikes are scrap...........offer a pittance. No reward for NO effort.

He said he has absolutely no clue on anything he has. When I see him this afternoon I'm going to school him on his stuff and hopefully work away with killer deals like this one which will be parted. I really want the headlight for either my 63 Jaguar though I'll have to make a mounting bracket or a 1965 Behrens 20 inch German bike that belonged to my friends dad as a kid and survived Hurricane Sandy after being buried in 5 feet of salt water. I am hoping those are the original chrome fenders under the paint as well.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. The springer fork is worth $200 alone. The rocket ray is worth $50-70 depending on rust damage. If the S-2's are clean they are worth $100+. The tank is worth $50 or more, depending if there is chrome under the paint. Even if you pay $250, you can ride the hell out of it and turn a profit afterwords. I would be jumping on that. What about the Stingray? Put together a package deal and cash in!

As long as the bike is around $200 or hopefully less I am parting it out, no intention on keeping a repainted bike. Stingray is poop. only seat, crank are original. May get it for $25 if he takes it. I also want the vista muscle bike as well as that is all original and I will flip that to. the S2s are nice. light rust that will polish nicely but a few spokes have rust and I don't know if they will come out clean

Guy was an ass. For this panther, repop repainted phantom non original wheels no tank, typhoon with repop tank, vista muscle bike, super garbage Ross appollo missing almost everything, he wanted $2000 saying some offered him $200 for a wheel and saying someone made an offer for way may a few minutes before I got there. Don't even bother dealing with these guys they will never sell the bikes. The rest of the bikes were road bikes that were super beat up. Didnt buy anything for those poopty prices

for future reference: Here's my wifes survivor '53 panther. That bike isn't close to being authentic. Be patient ,you can do better.
IMG_4173_zps99269a64-1.jpg

My friend has an almost mint blue woman's panther without the wheels for $500. I would rather have a blue men's panther than a woman's. I was only going to get it first because I thought it would be cheap and then because I was going to part it for a nice profit and I needed some of the parts

Back