When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would It Be Possible To Have A Sticky In This Section?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks like the douche bag crew has seen its final days on SBF, we were all banned from posting and private messaging for no reason nor any explanation...great way to treat your members....but....eh...life goes on...the bikes are the part i love, the forum fun is just a bi-product...

Still hoping the Corvette 5 Speed Registry can find a new home..

Last edited:
Locked out.

wanted to bring this back up.it seems the powers that be have locked the original thread and nothing can be added,deleted,or commented on.it's a shame the info can't be updated or more info added.hope someone here can help out.

Why not just go ahead and post it as it's own thread? Is that how it was on the Schwinn forum? I still have concerns as a sticky if it's merely a registry. We've had the registry discussion before and I think this would be opening Panadora's box (see my earlier post in this thread). V/r Shawn

Please note this section was set up for the Schwinn guys. That in itself is a precedent and the forum did not collapse from the weight of the Huffy section, Colson section, etc. Each request should be measured by its own merits. So if there are request for Sticky's for other brands/models, where better for them than here. Scott and the mods can evaluate each request and act as they deem appropriate. I can't imagine a few stickys would end forum life as we know it.

I dont see any reason for not making the registry a sticky.The general discussion section has some stickies that could be eliminated.

Okay, here is a little background on the Registry. Some years ago I was taking to Brian (island schwinn) about starting a thread that was devoted to the Corvette 5 speeds. We both had been looking for parts for our bikes but were not sure what was correct or what to look for. After talking we decided to partner up on a Corvette 5 speed thread to gather up information about the bike while I kept tabs on all the ones that still exist today. Brian started the thread and then I made the first reply post which was the beginning of the Registry. As the list grew the owner of the site at the time, Ric Greene, separated my Registry post making it a separate thread and a sticky. The original intent of the Corvette 5 thread was more than just a log, it was open to everyone to show their bike, ask questions and get info about the model. I would like to keep that original idea with a Registry thread that is open for all discussion pertaining to the model.

Both of these threads have been locked by the new owner. Reason why? No reason given so it must be another demented action continuing her personal vendetta.

Here is the thread where the Registry was created.
http://www.schwinnbikeforum.com/index.php?topic=4526.0

Here is the Registry thread. And I’m sorry that most of the picture cannot be viewed by non members.
http://www.schwinnbikeforum.com/index.php?topic=4703.0

And thank you everyone for all the support!

Having a sticky in this section for corvette 5-speeds would give me a good belly laugh, but maybe your request could spark something to accomplish your goals.

In my opinion, the thing that the CABE is missing the most in terms of contributing to the hobby and separating fact from myth from "I don't know, it came to me like that" would be a Registry Section in this current format.

I saw a need for starting a thread for the Hawthorne Comet as they were made by 2 different manufacturers and within each were also different in model by year...this grew nicely and there are other threads like it, just not many and they are scattered in many sections.

If there was a Registry Section, individuals could start thread based on whatever information and pictures they have and in searching down the line the community could benefit from these compilations, provided we as a community put into it.

Imagine, a funnel with serial numbers where we can finally get an idea on the number of units produced, what fender light was actually used as I cannot make it out in the ad drawing of my book, etc...

Chris

If there was a Registry Section, individuals could start thread based on whatever information and pictures they have and in searching down the line the community could benefit from these compilations, provided we as a community put into it.

Imagine, a funnel with serial numbers where we can finally get an idea on the number of units produced, what fender light was actually used as I cannot make it out in the ad drawing of my book, etc...

Chris

I was just thinking the same thing, an area specific for Registries. Should there be guidelines for the format or info provided?

As many of you know, Nick has complied info on '38 Bluebirds, with models, S/N and owners- and was excited to come across a pic of another one last week, believe that makes 20, with about 12 being complete with tanks. This latest one is a Fall deluxe, the first one he has come across.
Now he needs to try to locate the man that was listed as the owner in the 80's...

It would be great to be able to have an area to post this info. I second the motion! :D

Darcie

I like the registry idea too. We should be pooling our knowledge for future collectors. If someone takes the time like Gary did to do this registry I don't see how anyone would be against that for any brand bike.

Back