When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would someone help me out

-

eeapo

Finally riding a big boys bike
I’m working on a 3 speed bike and I need to know which parts I need At the rear hub assembly. I have the cable and housing and the twist grip that goes on the handle bar. What I need is the part that connects to the hub that connects to the cable to switch gears. I’m told that it’s a Shimano assembly.

CDD8DA0C-4FE4-4597-BDB5-EF13D2338887.jpeg

This is a $10 part on EBay. Be sure that you have the correct Shimano pin in the hub as well.
I don’t recall if the pin is threaded or just slides in.
You may also need the hardware and cable stop clamp if you don’t have one.
Good luck with your project.
(I have the same hub to deal with in the near future)
View attachment 1331634

Thank you, I’ll look into getting them. The pin just slides in, no thread.

You may also need the hardware and cable stop clamp if you don’t have one.
Eeapo:
Pic shows what cousin Wheeler refers to. Cable stop clamp is on the left. Adjusting barrel (works like a turnbuckle) is in the middle. Bell crank is on the right. Note that this hub has a coaster brake and the bell crank on the left side like yours. Others, without coaster brake, have bell crank on the right side of the bike.

Please post pics of the whole bike for us. Is it a trike? Have fun!

Eeapo:
Pic shows what cousin Wheeler refers to. Cable stop clamp is on the left. Adjusting barrel (works like a turnbuckle) is in the middle. Bell crank is on the right. Note that this hub has a coaster brake and the bell crank on the left side like yours. Others, without coaster brake, have bell crank on the right side of the bike.

View attachment 1332790

Eeapo:

View attachment 1332790
Thanks,
The photo really help, I just need the turn buckle part that connects to the cable.

Do you you have the turn buckle that connects to the cable.
Yes I have the turn buckle, but in your photo it looks like your toggle is missing the threaded rod that the turn buckle attaches to so I think you need one of those also.

Last edited:
Back