When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would the Schwinn Jaguar Tank fit on a Schwinn Speedster

-

ArborlyMink

Look Ma, No Hands!
I would like to know if this Tank would fit on the Schwinn Speedster?

017B67EA-AAE1-4F8E-809A-38FAC7F0823A.jpeg
2D36C60D-BCD9-43DF-A7D1-C52E8C964051.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll mention that there were a few cantilever frame geometry changes over the years and even though they were slight, they may have altered the area where the tank is. So with that, the tank may fit but the question is, just how well does it fit. And how accurate are the reproduction tanks?

I'll mention that there were a few cantilever frame geometry changes over the years and even though they were slight, they may have altered the area where the tank is. So with that, the tank may fit but the question is, just how well does it fit. And how accurate are the reproduction tanks?
I have noticed some cantilever frames with those tanks & you can see a lot more gaps between them in the frames; I don't know if it's the frames (some are non schwinns) or if it's the tank. If I had 1 though I could try it on a '65 Murray cantilever & a modern day Huffy Cranbrook. Where is the best place to find the repop tanks?

I have noticed some cantilever frames with those tanks & you can see a lot more gaps between them in the frames; I don't know if it's the frames (some are non schwinns) or if it's the tank. If I had 1 though I could try it on a '65 Murray cantilever & a modern day Huffy Cranbrook. Where is the best place to find the repop tanks?

Those repop tanks aren't cheap these days. Bicyclebones and a few others sell them and I'm sure Dan has the license to reproduce them. How in hell could a Schwinn cantilever tank ever fit Huffy or Murray?

Those repop tanks aren't cheap these days. Bicyclebones and a few others sell them and I'm sure Dan has the license to reproduce them. How in hell could a Schwinn cantilever tank ever fit Huffy or Murray?
I don't know that it could or would. Hence why I haven't bought 1. Also why I said I wanted a newer Schwinn frame to swap over the Cruiser 7 Parts to & consider a repop tank

Back