When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you buy this bike for $9 at auction.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
For $10 I'd have bought for the rack , tires, bearing hardware and would probably stash the sweet pink wheels & derailleur setup for some nebulous future fever dream project which may or may not ever come to pass. The (unpictured) stand sounds useful, too!

What's up with the valve stem covers?

View attachment 1631770

View attachment 1631771
I believe that's a light up stem... They used to be pretty common back in the day...

Last edited:
$9 for a working bike is a deal. Don’t listen to the bike snobs. A neighbor lady picked a similar one up from FB marketplace and brought to me to check it out. Yeah, typical low end Shimano twist shifters, etc, cantilever brakes, and it rode great. It probably hadn’t been ridden for an hour before someone decided it wasn’t for them. I see that lady on the bike all the time. My wife rode it one day and said it rode as well as her Giant which has a higher tier of Shimano. So you did great if looking for cheap transport to the coffee shop.

Well I took the $9 bike to the flea market yesterday and got lucky, sold it for $100, and I can't believe I was offered $50 for this red conv. and of course I took it but felt a little guilty. Hey they offered.

20220521_143949.jpg

20220510_151542.jpg

You know, I tried that a while back. There is a rental home down the street, seemed like the woman had about five kids, Dad wasn’t around. I had an old Typhoon single speed, cleaned and greased it, and figured I’d offer it to the oldest kid-there were no bikes at the house. It was actually in pretty decent shape, 1975 bike with chrome fenders and good paint. Rode up, knocked in the door, oldest kid answers and I ask if mom is around. She came down and I asked if the kid, maybe 9 or so might be able to use the bike. She looked at me and the bike then asked if I wanted him to have a bike, why didn’t I take him to the store and buy him a new one?
I got on my bike, and went home. Parked it with a “free” sign at the end of the driveway. It was gone in 10 minutes. Don’t know if a guy needed a bike or a scrapper got it, and I was so POed I didn’t really care.
Someone else lives in the rental house, now. I haven’t offered anyone a free bike since, excepting a guy on the Lake Pepin Tour, and, he made me take a bike in trade, so, technically, not free.

Ted
Don't let one crazy mom discourage from helping people out like you intended......99% of single moms would love this donation to the cause!

Don't let one crazy mom discourage from helping people out like you intended......99% of single moms would love this donation to the cause!
Oh, I haven’t. But, I didn’t THAT DAY, that is for sure. A Lake Pepin Tour guy got a free bike from me. But, I think I had to take a free bike in return, so, that was OK.

Ted

Back