When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you consider this original

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

original or custom

• Original

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Custom

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters

sfhschwinn

I live for the CABE
I turned a 1969 stingray 3 speed into a pea picker using all correct original year dated parts. No touch up anywhere on the paint original seat, nuts bolts, only thing repop are tires. I would call the bike original from the point I did everything correct as was done in the factory. Aside from the tires would you now call it a pea picker. Remember all stingray multi speed frames were the same from 1969 up. Keep in mind the bikes you have built from frames up- do you consider those original as well. I tried having a discussion on another website with stingray collectors. While some could be nice many can't have a discussion without being incredibly nasty in some of there comments
IMG_0155.JPG

If there aren't any distinguishing features to suggest otherwise, I'd say it's a Pea Picker built from factory original parts.
Twenty years from now, it will be considered an original bike.
For the guys in the know now, it's up to them whether or not they consider it to be an original Pea Picker.
I agree with Abe, that now that we know that it wasn't originally issued as a Pea Picker, it's a collector built Pea Picker.
With that said, you did an outstanding job, and I'm sure that had to be a labor of love.
It's a spectacular bike.

While I wouldn't call it a custom I wouldn't call it an original either. I agree with the above comments that it is a collector built Pea Picker. That said there are probably more than a few Deluxe Autocycles out there being touted as original that didn't come out of Chicago that way but there is no way of telling now. I see this sort of thing with Schwinn more than any other manufacturer. I think there are a couple of reasons for this; first, Schwinn stuff is relatively plentiful, and secondly, the base models are generally the platform for the deluxe bikes which isn't the case for a lot of other brands. Nice build. V/r Shawn

When dealing with collector cars the term CORRECT is used since many of the parts have been changed. So it's said that this car is an Original Correct numbers matching 69 Boss 302 Mustang. Meaning the car is not a clone and obviously many of the parts have been replaced with factory correct replacements.
I LMAO when someone says that the bike they are selling is 100% original except for the tires. How the heck do they know? I would rather see "This is an original Pea Picker with all the factory correct components."

I think the other way would be if it was originally purchased at the time and had the dealer upgrade before leaving the shop.

If you ever list it, call it original upgraded with NOS parts.

In the end still a nice bike.

To me I would say original. I just want other opinions. But I think I will go with collector built pea picker as it is still be referred to as a pea picker. No NOS parts here

Back