When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

would you dip this 1947-8 B-6 in Oxalic Acid or just leave it?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
look at those pinstripes. just took these a bit ago.

20220823_173318.jpg

20220823_173328.jpg

20220823_173351.jpg

20220823_173432.jpg

20220823_173453.jpg

20220823_173502.jpg

20220823_173505.jpg

20220823_173536 (2).jpg

20220823_173556.jpg

20220823_173635.jpg

I bought a kiddie pool and OA to do this bike several weeks back but did a couple crummy bikes just to see what would happen.

yeah, I think I am going to leave this one alone. good thing I am not one of those high energy people who make a plan, get up early and get things done.

there seems to be a lot of paint on this thing, I bet the paint would have come out real nice.

this was a donation to the Marin Bicycle Museum in Fairfax. I got it at the swap meet. Joe Breeze himself took my money.

I think considering the bangin look this bike has (one of my favorites), and the advanced state of said patina...I would leave it mainly because its look has almost become its best character trait.
When I see that bike, even if I dont see your name I always know its yours.

I say leave it alone it has earned its scars. I'm tired of seeing pristine re painted 80 year old bikes it makes no sense. It reminds me of what happens to people who get a bunch of plastic surgery and they just are difficult to appreciate because that is not the way things should look. Sly Stallone is a perfect example, it just does not look right.

I say leave it alone it has earned its scars. I'm tired of seeing pristine re painted 80 year old bikes it makes no sense. It reminds me of what happens to people who get a bunch of plastic surgery and they just are difficult to appreciate because that is not the way things should look. Sly Stallone is a perfect example, it just does not look right.
I just imagine God sitting back with his legs up, sipping tea, watching you turn yourself into a plastic lizard person and chuckling.

Back