When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you or wouldn't you ....Excelsior?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Heading back to it tonight. Another 1/2 tank but I just like the condition on this one.

Still would like to know the story behind the Excelsior.
I have read there was base models to deluxes but why Excelsior.
Were they only available in certain regions?
Or certain badged retailers?

School me please.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Heading back to it tonight. Another 1/2 tank but I just like the condition on this one.

Still would like to know the story behind the Excelsior.
I have read there was base models to deluxes but why Excelsior.
Were they only available in certain regions?
Or certain badged retailers?

School me please.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Schwinn,bought out excelsior motorcycles back in the day and continued to use the name along with autocycle

Yeah, this is definitely '47ish. The frame/fork point to this as well as the drop center wheels which suggest a pre-'48 (first year of S2) build. Then the 5 digit serial. Good luck! This is a nice bike.

According to everything I've read about them and including the two I have, a '52 and later would have the serial number on the left rear drop out; '51 and earlier have the serial number on the bottom of the bottom bracket.

Ed

According to everything I've read about them and including the two I have, a '52 and later would have the serial number on the left rear drop out; '51 and earlier have the serial number on the bottom of the bottom bracket.

Ed

That's good to know

Yeah, this is definitely '47ish. The frame/fork point to this as well as the drop center wheels which suggest a pre-'48 (first year of S2) build. Then the 5 digit serial. Good luck! This is a nice bike.

Thanks jason

Schwinn,bought out excelsior motorcycles back in the day and continued to use the name along with autocycle

Interesting, so this Schwinn Excelsior badge appeals to the Motorcycle clan as well, well Excelsior motorcyclce collectors anyway.
Very interesting, wonder why Schwinn would by a motorcycle company out?
I understand the Whizzer and the Simplex angle, were Excelsior motorcycles like these Schwinn models? rather than full blown Motorcycles...I'm not into motorcycles....yet

excelsior thread

Not to be like Dvae and Vince....who have calmed down lately I've noticed....love you guys, just saying....There should be a thread on just Excelsior badged bikes and whatever is associated with them. History and lessons is what we're here for.
I looked feverously in Geoff's "Heavyweight Schwinn (1946-1964) Reference Book" and couldn't find anything other than the mention of the prewar badge.

Not to be like Dvae and Vince....who have calmed down lately I've noticed....love you guys, just saying....There should be a thread on just Excelsior badged bikes and whatever is associated with them. History and lessons is what we're here for.
I looked feverously in Geoff's "Heavyweight Schwinn (1946-1964) Reference Book" and couldn't find anything other than the mention of the prewar badge.

Wikipedia Schwinn. I think it mentions this transaction between excelsior and Schwinn.. Sometime in the 20? I think..

Back